Harting Problems

James

I'm modifying my main stagebox at the moment.

I wanted to add some sub stageboxes (12ch each) to my main stagebox/split (48ch)

Everything I've done so far has been harting.

I was thinking of doing this

[sub Stagebox} > > Cable > > [Main Stagebox]

with a multipin at each end of the cable.

however I've been unable to find a chassis mount, harting shell with posts

Which means, I either have a chassis mount harting shell with levers on both the stagebox and the sub stagebox (don't like the idea as It would mean the cables being posts - posts and I would be unable to extend them if needed)

Or I use some other form of multipin for the substageboxes (don't like the idea as I already use hartings elsewhere and I wanted to keep things the same...)

Any thoughts?

James

Hi,

I know that VDC don't list the male cable mount connector on their site, but I'm sure that they will obtain them if you ask nicely. If you want to do it yourself, then this should work - I'd phone up VDC anyway to check though.

Since hartings are completely modular, then you'll need the following bits (assuming you want a 42 pin system):

2x 42 pin male insert - Studiospares code: 2577540

2x 42 pin female insert - S/s code: 2577550

2x Chassis housing - S/s code: 2577580 ?

2x Top entry hood - S/s code: 2577560 ?

Enough pins of each gender, removal/insertion tools, and dust covers if you want.

For the VDC standard pinout scroll down a bit here

HTH,

Matt

If you are happy to use the Contact harting clones, Canford Audio do the Chassis housings with pins instead of levers, but check if the required pin sizes suit your needs.

Peter

Peter, That is exactly what I needed.

(I'm using a mix of harting and contact already so don't realy mind for this!)

James

Archived