LS9 Matrix delay and gain from studio manager

ChrisBogg

Hello guys,

Just a quick one I have been looking at an ls9 for some work over the summer and like the way that the matrix outputs can be rooted to several outputs with different gain and delay. However I have heard a rumour that this setup page is not available to edit via studio manager meaning yo cant set the delay from a laptop over wireless. Can anyone let me know if this is the case as I haven't downloaded ls9 manager yet.

Chris

Hi Chris,

It appears you cannot do this in the editor, anyone who knows of a way, I'd also like to know. its not something I was aware you could do with the board in the first place. I know a matrix out can be patched to several omni outputs and of course this CAN be done in studio manager, but I am not sure about adjusting the gain and delay of the omni outs from SM.

Rob

I have not used an LS9, but on the M7CL the gain and delay settings are part of a setup screen that is only available on the console. You cannot make these changes from Studio Manager. I assume the LS9 uses the same structure since it has the same feature of the delay being associated with the output port, not a particular mix bus.

Mac

Yes I can confirm that while the console is capable of mapping a matrix to several physical outputs and then idependantly controlling attenuation and delay for each of those physical outputs, this cant be controlled from the editor. We have a couple of M7s and LS9s and its a source of constant annoyance for me, along with the fact that the M7 editor cant emulate sends on fader mode....

Archived