Laser Cable

WolvesAndi

Hello,

I have a 4 watt laser from laser light international, the problem is that the control cable has come to an end, I have rung them up but they are all out of the country for the next few weeks, the cable looks like an ordinary serial cable but the one end all the connections got pulled out.

Does anyone know if It is just a serial cable and I can buy a new one from RS, or are they wired differently.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Andi

;) :( ;) :) :) :)

From memory, its a 25way D type connector, and it uses the ILDA wiring standard. a cable wired Pin to Pin will work, PC words will probably sell them as well as RS.

"I hope you mean 4mw laser as a 4w laser would be cutting the walls down ?"

If you turn the lights on in you bedroom them you wont see a 4mw laser. A 2.5w DPSS system will happily be as bright as a 4w argon laser. I regularly do outdoor shows using 40-60w Nd:YAG systems. and FYI the largest system used indoors has been 2 x 40w YAG Lasers on the S Club Carnival tour - this was inside in areans.

Regards

Tim

Archived