multi region dvd playing thou a data video se800

simploerob

we have a data-video se800 going to a couple of projectors and a TV thought a signal booster.

4 inputs

1. computer

2. video

3, multi region DVD

4. other DVD

the problem is the mixer will not except the signal from the DVD player if it is not an English dvd.

so we played it thought the comp but the audio was rubbish ( don't know if it is sound card or cable .....need to find another cable!!)

is there a DVD player that converses American DVDs and sends them as pal out put?

or if you get a DVD with hard drive that you can copy the DVD on to and plays it as as pal?

thanks simon

Hi Simon,

Your right that the problem is you have a PAL vision mixer but the signal from your Multi Region DVD player is NTSC. Unless you have an expensive vision mixer that has an internal scan converter and you can select the type of input and which standard you want it to output, the two are incompatible.

You ask if there is a DVD player that will read NTSC (Region 1 discs I am guessing) but output PAL. I do believe they exist but will be horrendously expensive.

I would suggest you buy a external 'box' that will convert the NTSC video output of the DVD player to PAL. Here's a link to a site that sell them for £40.

http://www.lektropacks.com/view_item.php?p...amp;category=11

I think this will achieve what you want and at a fraction of the cost.

I regards to the sound on your PC being poor quality, what software are you running the DVD in and what spec PC is it? The cable is very unlikely to be causing the symptoms you describe.

Jimbo

thanks for responce the box is probably what we need.

does the box affect any thing if we play a uk disc? or does it just ignore it?

the pc is not my responsability!!! so don't realy know. we are trying not to run video thought it as it is a pain to cut between a presentation and to a dvd running from the same place.!!!!

the guy who is incharge of the pc is going to check the sound card and cabling.

simon

Hi Simon,

To be honest I don't know. The box may just let the signal pass thru unchanged, or it may not like it. But in your system spec you show 2 dvd players so maybe you could use the box on the multi-region player for non-uk discs and the standard DVD player for Region 2 discs.

Cheers

Jimbo

Actually, many cheap DVD players will allow you to force the output to always be PAL (or NTSC) regardless of the disc being played.

Go through the menus on your DVD player, and look for something that says "Output: Auto" or similar.

It'll have choices along the lines of "PAL" and "NTSC"

Choose PAL, and Robert is your mother's brother.

Archived