Lightmaster XLS

Ben Lawrance

Hi All (Especially Keith if he is about)

I have a problem with my XLS.

When I plug it in, and turn it on, the display flashes at me.

I have looked in the manual, and the error message is telling me that the patch memory is corrupted.

That doesn't sound too healthy.

Why is it doing it??? I havn't even changed the patch.

Any ideas??

Rgds

Ben Lawrance

yeah me and weeksy (above) get this all the time. the board has a bug in that sometimes if you try and program a chase into sequence 1, it creates an infinate step chase, and in doing so, uses up the entire of the rest of the boards memory slowly. so you get less and less channels to operate from.

all you need to do is go into super-user mode (hold [page +] and [page -] and change from preset mode to run mode) and skip until the page display says 'rS', and press [go].

The great thing is, it doesnt clear the memory, and everything works afterwards, without having lost your show.

z88 / potassium neuf - is there a patch of any kind available to fix it? it can be kind of annoying sometimes.

Jon

Dear Sir,

The other thing that it could be is the start of the internal battery starting to fail and no longer able to supply the RAM ic full to save all of the information that it houses.

With out power on you need to see at least 2.2v on Pin 28 of the RAM ic.

With power it needs to be under 4.6v or it will over voltage the ram and shuts the desk down.

If you need any more information please contact me.

Archived