Strand SN102 Node

IxatArboc

A bit more information would be handy. Does it boot up? (i.e. do you see the read and grey startup screen?) Is the network LED flickering? Can you see it in the network diagnostics screen on the desk? Have you got the console set to the right video slot? Have you even got networker turned on on the console?

It seems to boot up fine and I plugged a monitor into it and got the network diagnostic screen at start up. The start up screen says that there is no network activity, however our main console (a 550i) and our backup console (a 510) seem to be functioning properly. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the network port on the back of the 102. It's connected via CAT 5 cable into the 10BT port, but the 10BT LED isn't on, instead the 10B2 LED next to the BNC connector is illuminated. We did have a power outage this past weekend in the building, so I'm wondering if it defaulted back to the 10B2 port when it reset, but I can't find anything to switch from one port to the other.

• 4 years later...

HI Guys, I have been given a SN102 all up and running fine. But scratching my head ... there are 2 VGA outputs but I can only get and output from one VGA socket. Any ideas?

Cheers

Doug

First of all, have you got your main console set to output to two displays? Nodes don't generate their own video- the console has to be outputting something!

-Go into User Setup, and set Number of Screens to 2

-Go into Console Setup, and set Net Video Slot to 1. You should now get your two screens displaying on slots 1 and 2 on your node VGA outputs.

Ian

HI Guys, I have been given a SN102 all up and running fine. But scratching my head ... there are 2 VGA outputs but I can only get and output from one VGA socket. Any ideas?

Cheers

Doug

First of all, have you got your main console set to output to two displays? Nodes don't generate their own video- the console has to be outputting something!

-Go into User Setup, and set Number of Screens to 2

-Go into Console Setup, and set Net Video Slot to 1. You should now get your two screens displaying on slots 1 and 2 on your node VGA outputs.

Ian

HI Ian,

Thanks for your reply,

The Console (530i) is setup for 2 screens. Video slot is set to 1. When I toggle left and right on the node I can see both screen outputs from the main console, but only from one of the vga outputs.

Archived