ASL Pro series comms

Hello all

I have been using the ASL pro series comms in a space this week with five units connected (a base unit for LX, two belt packs for stage and a base unit in both dressing rooms. (SX has the headset attatched to the header unit).

Half way through a run, the header unit goes into 'Overload' and we all lose comms. I was just wondering what causes the unit to overload?

The current thinking is that, of the two outlets for each loop, one was more heavily loaded that the other (four units on one feed and the fifth on another)???

any thoughts are welcome

Half way through a run, the header unit goes into 'Overload' and we all lose comms. I was just wondering what causes the unit to overload?

Cable fault would be my guess. Look for a short to earth somewhere along the cable.

Regards, Dan.

your pack count is quite low, so unlikely that you are overloading the system, but have you checked the cabling? A short seems a likely cause of the problem - but I suspect you have already thought of that.

If you could tell us the exact models, that may help.

Most base station/power supplies use a three terminal regulator to supply power to the units as they have built in current overload protection. I came across a Jands base station that did not have any heat-sink compound applied to the three terminal regulator so that over a period of time the three terminal regulator started overheating and causing massive amount of hum. Replaced the regulator for reliability and used heat-sink compound, problem solved. assume unit was faulty from manufacture.

Archived