patching help !

lightjocky

hi,

I am useing the zero88 leapfrog desk tommorow and have 60 channels of dimmers however the desk only has 48 fader cahnnels I need to patch two lights to some of the faders is this possible?

I have opened the patch menu on the desk and can only seem to send one channel of DMX to one channel on the desk.

I cannot do it throught the dimmers as they are zero88 betapacks and you cannot address each channel.

thanks

lightjocky

Without reading the manual, I would suggest that you change the starting DMX addresses on two of your dimmer packs so that 12 DMX channels are actually controlling 24 ways of dimming, or each DMX channel is controlling 2 ways of dimming. This can be done by readdressing two of your beta packs to the same starting address as another two.

However yes, you will need to readdress the whole dimmer pack (not the individual channels) and you will have to bear this in mind when patching.

Hope that helps.

Frazer, that's a daft and unnecessarily inflexible way of doing it. It's perfectly possible to patch more than one dimmer to a generic channel on a Frog - you have to go through the rather convoluted process of adding a 'duplicate' channel, but it's possible. Go into Super User (hold + and -, and press Enter), then into Desk Setup, then into Patch Functions. Select Manual Patch, then patch your first dimmer onto each channel. Then, for each channel onto which you want to patch more than one dimmer, add one or more 'duplicate' channels (highlight the channel and press Insert). Then patch the relevant extra dimmers onto that channel.

Considering it was 1.00AM in the morning and no-one had replied to the OP's post, I decided to give the best advice I could. I felt this was necessary as the OP mentioned that he needed a sollution by tommorrow.

My suggestion will work, it just requires careful hard patching instead of careful soft patching

Hi LJ

If you go into Super User (hold down +, - and tap ENTER), Desk Setup, Patch Functions, Manual Patch.... you can now assign the DMX addresses of each channel on the desk. To add another DMX address to a channel, press INSERT and select the second DMX address for the channel. Each channel can be assigned to up to 9 multiples, plus the original.

FWIW, on a Betapack 3 you can set the DMX address of each channel.

Hope this helps.

Archived