Looking for comms headsets

I need to get some new comms headsets within the next month or two. We are currently using Stageline headsets, as shown here: http://www.monacor.de/int/en/produktseite_...pr=EN&typ=u except with an XLR connection instead of the jack. If I had any idea who sold them in the UK I might be interested but I have a feeling they might be rather expensive, and after installing/repairing/replacing the existing comms network there isn't going to be much money left over.

Does anyone have any suggestions on headsets or know of anywhere that sells them second hand, since I'm more worried about having a functional comms ring than the condition/quality of the headsets.

Thanks!

Nothing, it's just that £40 is the absolute maximum and if anyone happned to know of anywhere that sells headsets that are cheaper and I could simply attach a 4-pin XLR to I'd like to know, as at this rate I'm going to end up being sent down to Maplin to get some £8 PC headsets and some of the aforementioned XLR's...

I'm going to end up being sent down to Maplin to get some £8 PC headsets and some of the aforementioned XLR's...
Which probably won't work.

Seriously - the microphones are EXTREMELY different, and will lead to extreme quietness assuming you're lucky enough to get anything at all.

Get the ASL ones - it'll save money in the long run, if only because they're tough beasties and will survive being abused for many years.

Archived