Midi Signal

allsounds

Hi,

I am wanting to create a touch screen interface that links with a USB DMX device. I have a dasligh usb DMX convertor in which the software is able to be midi controlled. My thoughts are to use a midi loopback driver (have downloaded Midi Yoke) to send a midi signal to the lighting software however I am unsure as to what to use to create the midi signal. Do you know of any pieces of software / code that I could use to create a midi signal to send to the software and then - I have looked at various 'virtual midi keyboards' but am unsure as which ones are better? - Any help apreciated

Matt

I cant help with the midi question, but would it not make sense to just use a software/dongle combo that is designed to be used with a touchscreen, under windows?

Say Chamsys MagicQ, with an Enttec USB-DMX dongle?

I realise you have already paid for the Daslight thing, but the Enttec dongles start from 55 euros IIRC

andrew,

thanks for reply, sorry I didnt really make it clear in first post. The touchscreen interface will be a video / interactive unit that when touched lights will change and video plays, when video stops lights change again - if you get what I mean

thanks

Matt

Triggering of scenes, programs, effects by keyboard shortcut keys, Midi Note, mouse, HE10 contact, HTML link or command software

looking at that you could control it vire TCP on your pc's default loopback using html,

ian

Archived