Comms compatability

As far as I know, ASL kit is interchangeable with TecPro (my ASL headset certainly works flawlessly with TecPro belt packs and outstations) - but to make sure that the solution you're looking at is one which will work, you could try checking with the sound department at AC Lighting, who I understand are the UK dealers for ASL.

They look approximately compatible, in that they are a party line system using unbalanced audio and about 24V, but their line impedence is different, so sidetone rejection may be less than optimal. better get some to try first.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are compatible in the sense that they have voltage and audio on the same pins, and approximately the right levels. However, every manufacturer employes slightly different nominal levels/line impedances/etc.. and so its not desirable to mix systems if you can avoid it. But it will work in a pinch.

Basically, most of the big name systems work the same, with the exeption of Audiocom and RTS systems which are completely different (one is balanced, the other has 2 channels per intercom line).

Archived