Chases stopping on a FatFrog

mumbles

Hello, hoping someone can enlighten me here.

Have just lit a gig on a FatFrog. No real problems, except that whenever I used the flash buttons set to solo, any chases running on the submasters stop, and require being turned off and on again and the speed control changed. Not really a massive problem, as once I'd realised it was doing it, I got ready and was expecting it, but at times it made it difficult, and was a bit annoying. Me being picky really I guess, but was wondering if there was a setting in the menus which controlled this.

Before anyone asks, the desk was running V10.4, and bar this didn't seem to have any other problems at all.

Ta Blue Room

I dont think there is an option im afraid I wouldnt have thought from my past experience of using frogs though that the subs would just cut out and have to be reset. Although if you use it in flash mode (which is what I normally do) then the subs dont cut out and keep going. Are you refering to using the sub flash buttons or the channel flash buttons?

If you are refering to the sub flash buttons then its understandable if the subs cut out in solo mode and if your refering to the channel flash buttons then due to being "solo" it means only that channel is up so using flash would be the better option. Right back and let me know if this helps.

If the flash function is set to solo and you press a channel or submaster flash button, the channel or data on that fader is effectively flashed to full. At the same time all other dimmer channel, submasters and playback X are effectively reduced to zero.

When a submaster is reduced to zero, a chase running on that submaster will be stopped - this is something that was asked for and implemented quite a while ago.

It would appear that what you are seeing is the result of the submasters effectively (ie internally) being reduced to zero.

I've had a similar problem before, where I'd have a chase going with some heads, then flash the blinders and the heads would stop. Not sure how to explain it properly, but you have to be careful when programing, that only the lights you want are being stored, and that (in my case) a random position for the heads isn't also stored.

I did get round it, but it took quite a bit of deleting and reprograming to get them to work. A frog isn't my usual desk, so I can't give you any more help than that, sorry!

I dont think there is an option im afraid I wouldnt have thought from my past experience of using frogs though that the subs would just cut out and have to be reset. Although if you use it in flash mode (which is what I normally do) then the subs dont cut out and keep going. Are you refering to using the sub flash buttons or the channel flash buttons?

If you are refering to the sub flash buttons then its understandable if the subs cut out in solo mode and if your refering to the channel flash buttons then due to being "solo" it means only that channel is up so using flash would be the better option.

I'm using the solo function, purely to flash blinders, while cutting out anything else. I fully understand why it is doing it, but was wondering if there was a setting to allow the channels on any active chases to be reduced to zero, while the chases was still running, so on release of the flash button, the chase would still be continuing. I think what I was hoping for was that there was a way of using the solo flash function, such that it acts as reducing the grandmaster to zero for all channels bar the one controlled by the flash button.

Was sort of me hoping, but not necessarily expecting :P . Oh well..

Archived