AKG HT40 capsule wiring

Smiley

I wonder if anyone can offer help for me. I use a wireless AKG UHF HT40 handheld transmitter. Someone has unscrewed the top severing the pick up capsule fron the PCB. I have the unit apart but I cannot see were the wires solder back as there is no obvious signs on solder marks (red & white wires). The obvious point look like the two long solder runs at the very top of the main PCB as on the image link. I thought pehaps someone has already repaired one of these in the past & could confirm if this is correct & what way round the wires are resoldered.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2649/akgbm9.th.jpg

UPDATE:

Just to answer my old query & perhaps help others it has been confirmed by AKG that the solder strips seen are indeed the connection points & the white goes to the left contact in the picture with red to the right one.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have an AKG HT 40 and the off/mute/on switch seems to have packed up! I cant for the life of me see how you get the thing apart to have a look and change it. Just wondering if you or anyone else can give me some pointers as to how to disassemble the microphone unit?

Many thanks Pat

Hi

I have an AKG HT 40 and the off/mute/on switch seems to have packed up! I cant for the life of me see how you get the thing apart to have a look and change it. Just wondering if you or anyone else can give me some pointers as to how to disassemble the microphone unit?

Many thanks Pat

AKG Manual can be found here WMS 40 service manual .This includes HT40 and shows it disassembled.

Archived