How do you fix LED tubes to things?

marsonpee

I am considering buying a few of the Stairville LED tubes from our good mates in Germany. What I wanted to know is what their fixing method is? Can I simply attach G-clamps or do I need to look at more complex means of fixing them. Basically I'm wanting to put them onto some trussing I have, at different angles. Any help would be great!

I am considering buying a few of the Stairville LED tubes from our good mates in Germany. What I wanted to know is what their fixing method is? Can I simply attach G-clamps or do I need to look at more complex means of fixing them. Basically I'm wanting to put them onto some trussing I have, at different angles. Any help would be great!

I think they come with mounting brackets but these would be for fixing to a flat surface ie: a wall or drinks bar, so probably not much use for what you want to do with them!

But I'm sure with a little ingenuity they could be quite easily mounted the way you want! :blink:

:)

If they are the same as the chauvet range (appear to be from Thomann's website), the brackets are, as saturn said, designed for flat surfaces. However, they also have two sets of holes through the metal bit at the back, which is big enough to pass the eye of a 5kg bond thorugh, thus allowing them to be connected by cable ties, at both ends, and also safetied at both ends.

Not ideal, but if they're out of reach etc, your RA can decide that safetying them diminishes the risk sufficiently.

Archived