Alcora memory modules

Matt

does anyone know if you can get larger memory modules for a zero88 alcora 24 channel desk? if so how much, I know there are a few zero88 people here... please help!

has one but it is too small, using the desk in wide with 24 channels in use, we can only manage to get 50 or 60 memory positions when programming, we find the annoying sometimes... I have had a look at the module itself and has noted down part codes and I am attempting to make one, possiblly larger one... would you zero88 peeps recommend this (probably not)?

Matt.

ps... I doubt wether the desk being DMX only or DMX+analog would matter????

Surely the memory module would be of suffieciant (sp??) size to be able to hold the maximum amount of data the desk could produce.

For example, in wide mode using all 48 channels being programed in to all 99 steps (or whatever it is, im not too hot on the alcora)

Why would Zero produce something that could not be used properly.

Rgds

Ben

Matt

Are you sure you cleared the memory on the module before saving to it? Also, do you have a lot of chases in your shows? If you were to plot four 10 step chases, you would be limited to 60 scenes, as each step in a chase takes up one scene memory.

If none of the above helps, it could be a faulty memory module - no doubt potasseum neuf will be in touch.

ok, one thing the alcora is 24 channels when in wide mode. when using each channel with only one step and an EMPTY memory module, it limits to 60 rather than 99 as it says it should on its little screen.

dont know why this is, because we tried the other memory module which is less used and less battered as the one we were using, and yet it still does the same.

even when working with frogmore's alcora (dan arkley will probably verify) that when programming it for their barnum production, using it once again in wide, it got to the 60 mark and wouldnt let us do any more, then we had to run live.

potasseum neuf please help!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Just recieved this reply from Zero88:

There was a bug in the first version of the Mk1 Alcora software in that it doesn't load/save memories above 60ish (can't remember what the exact number is) to the external memory module.

This bug has been corrected, and if you give Keith a call, he should be able to sort you out with the new software. It's simply a matter of replacing an EPROM inside the desk.

Ta,

Paul.

Hope that helps.

Just to confirm Peter's response, yes there was a bug in the earlier MK1 desks that cut off the last 40 or so memories when you save to a memory module.

This has been cured and requires a simple Eprom upgrade.

Please contact me direct to discus this further.

Archived