False, but realistic sauce and potato peelings

mikienorth

Hello.

I have been asked by the girlfriend if I know of a substitute for ketchup and brown sauce that can be used, as the originals can be a source (sauce??) of flies. I suggested poster paints like we all used at school, but apparently that's no good because it will stain.

It's for a pantomime apparently, and will be poured into a pan on stage, with the help of a soda syphon (not in it, just diluted by it) and froth will eventually emerge from this pan.

I have found the suggestion of vinegar and bicarbonate of soda to make the frothing, and am suggesting putting vinegar in one of the bottle's but she wants it thick like the sauce.

Saucelike, but not food based, but safe to use on stage, but not staining, and easy to clean.

I've run out of ideas, and she doesn't like any of mine, so I throw this to the forum for ideas. Let yourselves go wild, the less smelly and stainy the better!!!

Archived