Strand 520i handbook

JohnMcConnell

Strand seem to have their own language when it comes to writing manuals for their lighting boards!

I have just got access to a 520i in the theatre we use for our shows, and I would like to find a manual that makes sense. A friend doing a technical course in university said they have a manual written by the guildhall or something which makes using the board really easy, anyone know where I can get one? or something similar?

Try this.

Alternatively, if you just want to be able to do the basics (set levels, record/playback cues, etc.) the on-line help files on the desk are OK (not brilliant, but OK ...).

If there's anything in particular that you're stuck on, post again here - this forum has quite a few experience 500-series programmers knocking about, someone'll probably be able to answer pretty much anything you need to ask!

There are some basic but more user-friendly guides here

~Grahame

That's a pretty good page, and it condenses a lot of useful information into a compact package. There are quite a few minor errors, though (one small example ... chan[@][0] doesn't set a channel to off, it gives it a hard level of zero which is a different thing). That aside, it's worth a read for anyone who's new to the desk.

Archived