Zero 88 betapacks

gunner

I am running the lighting for my am-dram group, and this year we have acquired an analogue betapack. However I still need to hire another three top provide adequate dimming. As far as I am aware it isn't possible to add the analogue one onto the end of the DMX daisychain. Is this correct or can I connect it in and overcome the problem through the addressing of the three DMX units?

If your lighting desk has analogue and DMX outputs, you should be able to arrange the patch so that you can control via both protocols (assuming desk can o/p both at same time).

The hired betapacks may additionally have an analogue input, and you could run the whole system in analogue.

Alternatively you would need to hire a demux unit.

What lighting desk will you be using?

David

In that case you will need a demux unit - or if you want a more long term fix, you will need to try and find a DMX input card for the Betapack. However, I believe they are discontinued and quite hard to come by.

David

Archived