Cabaret Equipment List

Olit

Does anybody have an equipment List of what lanterns and control equipment is used on caberet. It's for a student project and if anybody does have any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It does sound like a little bit of a 'do my homework for me' sort of question..

Be careful how and what you ask.. from your profile:

I am Now studying at Mountview Academy Of Theatre Arts on a two year fast track Ba Hons in Technical Theatre.
I'd think theirs a few mountviewians and lecture's on here, so be careful not to plagiarise!

Another question is where.. what venue/which production. Do you mean the London west end production?

Maybe a member of BR worked on the show and could 'reminisce' with us, as to what kit was used or point you in the right direction as to where you could research. Perhaps some ancient issues of LSI? Though don't think LSI was around back then!

To be fair to the O/P, google'ing doesn't bring up any results only DVD credits :s

Tom

*edit - changed wording in mountview sentence*

Does anybody have an equipment List of what lanterns and control equipment is used on caberet. It's for a student project and if anybody does have any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Are you asking us to do your homework for you?

David

I very much doubt that this alone would form all the research work for a technical theatre student. I would suggest he is using blue rooms as part of the resarch, and has very sensibly asked the question. I would suggest that the OP may need a kit list as a starting point to write a further essay. So you may be jumping the gun there a little David.

In terms of plagiarising, if the source where the OP gained the information from is correctly referenced, with dates, posters, URL, then this should satisfy the examiner/marker.

Tanko

I agrees totally with you tanko as I am a mountview student doing the same research paper but for we will rock you, using blue room for basic research on a starting points and information gained on this site would no where near form an eassy, silly comments by previous repliers.

I agrees totally with you tanko as I am a mountview student doing the same research paper but for we will rock you, using blue room for basic research on a starting points and information gained on this site would no where near form an eassy, silly comments by previous repliers.
Can I be the first to request the correct use of the English language ( spelling, punctuation, capitals, etc ) ?

It's not rocket science.

This information is not for myself. It's for a friend who is also on the same course, I'm trying to introduce other member of my student group to this wonderful forum. I'm sure know body would base their entire project on this one question and like myself would wish to further their research by talking to the people who work on the show or by possibly contacting the designer. Thanks

I'm sorry, but the Blue Room seems to be first choice for everybody presented with their college work.

There have actually been a few really considered requests recently. The posters took time and paid great attention to asking the questions in the manner we get used to. At the other end of the sclae are totally unanswerable posts that will produce ranty replies like these, and even if we answered the really poor wording, we'd be guessing. I won't go down the spelling route, but I would have thought that a university student would realise that nobody is one word, and know body is rather poor english.

The original question was:

Here is your answer - a bit old, but I knew it was somewhere

MAKE MODEL TYPE W LAMP QTY

CCT Minuette Fresnel 500 T18 4

CCT Minuette Profile 500 T18 2

CCT Sil 30 Profile 1000 T11 6

CCT Sil 30 2K Profile 2000 CP43 4

CCT Sil 40 Profile 1000 T11 4

CCT Sil 40 2K Profile 2000 CP43 4

SPOTLIGHT FIGURA 25ZS Profile 2000 CP92 2

SPOTLIGHT Profile 2000 CP43 2

Strand Alto 14/32 Profile 2000 CP92 4

Strand Alto 20/38 Profile 2000 CP92 6

Strand Alto F Fresnel 2000 CP92 6

Strand Alto PC PC 2000 CP92 4

Strand Cantata 11/26 Profile 1200 T29 6

Strand Cantata 18/32 Profile 1200 T29 2

Strand Cantata 26/44 Profile 1200 T29 8

Strand Cantata F Fresnel 1200 T29 6

Strand Cantata FS Profile 1200 T29 4

Strand Cantata PC PC 1200 T29 1

Strand Leko 20 Profile 1000 CP77 1

Strand Leko 30 Profile 1000 CP77 2

Strand Leko 40 Profile 1000 CP77 4

Strand Leko 50 Profile 1000 CP77 2

Strand Optique 15/42 Profile 1200 T29/CP90 4

Strand P 223 Fresnel 1000 T14 2

Strand P 23W Profile 500 T1/T17 1

Strand P 243 Fresnel 2000 CP41 12

Strand P 743 Fresnel 1000 T11 6

Strand P 764W Profile 1000 T11 1

Strand Prelude 16/30 Profile 650 T26 3

Strand Prelude 28/40 Profile 650 T26 2

Strand Prelude F Fresnel 650 T26 4

Strand Prelude PC PC 650 T26 6

Strand Quartet 22/40 Profile 650 T26 3

Strand Quartet 25 Profile 650 T26 2

Strand Quartet F Fresnel 650 T26 2

Strand Quartet PC PC 650 T26 8

Strand T Spot 54 Profile 1000 T11 8

Strand T Spot 64 Profile 1000 T11 2

A kit list on here is far from a complete essay!

Back on topic.. is it just me or does the list look a little odd (not that I'm saying your information is wrong Paul). Just there doesn't seem to be too many of the same type of lantern! Maybe its just me with my receiving house mind set of the venue having lots of the same lanterns (mainly zooms so multi-use) and tours that have x amount of mac 500s, x amount of pars, S4's and Fresnel's..

Tom

I think the O/P meant the musical theatre production of Cabaret..

We had a job go out today for a cabaret
Five_pin, sounds like you meant you had a show go out that was of a Cabaret style..

Correct me if I'm wrong :huh:

Tom

• 2 months later...

Moderation: QUALITY CONTROL - members will note that this old thread was started before our current policy of moderating these kinds of topics started.

To make it clear - there is no problem at all with students asking specific questions - for example. "Does anyone know the types of laser used in We Will Rock You to produce the 'bars'?" Perfectly fine question - the problem is that we have had a series of education assignment questions posted recently, where the poster has (confirmed by other members) just posed the question they have been set. We don't feel it is our place to simply provide set answers that can be copied and pasted - after all, who's work would it actually be? There is also the issue of accuracy. The Blue Room members do not use their real names, therefore any data provided would not be acceptable as accurate research without some attribution check.

We want to be a useful resource for everyone, but the number of trivial posts, requests for college work and poor advice has been increasing. The behind the scenes team are trying very hard to keep the quality level up. The number of members bringing the poor posts to our attention has increased too, suggesting that this policy is appreciated by most. Please feel free to comment, by contacting any member of the mod/admin team.

This thread was dead, until yesterday, and as it has run it's course, is closed.

Archived