sunlite or martin show designer(or another)?

dblux

Hello!

I want to buy some software to made light design with visualiser,and that I could pre-program showns at home and then connect to a console.I'm not sure about what software should I buy.I enjoy working with the demo of sunlite but I really don't know how the changing to the console should be perfect.

if somebody could help me in that choise I really appreciate.

thank you

The first question is really - Which console?

The professional solutions involve running two software packages - a visualiser, and an off-line editor.

Wysiwyg from Cast Lighting and Capture from Capture Sweden are the two biggest visualisers.

However, neither of them is a console offline editor!

You'll need the appropriate console OLE as well - most manufacturers make this available for free, although unfortunately some OLEs are unable to communicate with any visualisers.

Hi !

I used sunlite before but I doubt that some moving lights behave like they do in sunlite.....

if you like to use it for playing around it is fine and cheap... if you want to use it for bigger projects you should manage to find a way to get wysiwyg.

There's also as already mentioned Capture or you can check out ESP Vision

in Germany is a new program called V:EASY avaiable...

have a nice day!

bye

chris

Hi!

thank you for the informations.I´m on the road so I have a look only now.

I know wysiwyg but it's too expensive to me.Capture seems to me easy to understand and it's cheapper.but I ask if it's connectable with pearl,hoog2,ma

thank you!

Hi,

Sunlite has an option for DMX in for use with a console, if memory serves me correctly the console can be used to run cues and scenes from the software.

Also sunlite works the ELC out station which is a console mimic, not sure if this would be suitable for what you require but could be worth a look.

Hi!

thank you for the informations.I´m on the road so I have a look only now.

I know wysiwyg but it's too expensive to me.Capture seems to me easy to understand and it's cheapper.but I ask if it's connectable with pearl,hoog2,ma

thank you!

Yes, to the physical console - you'll need a suitable DMX input dongle.

With the offline editors - works perfectly with HogIIPC, don't know about the others but I would be very surprised if they don't.

MA Lighting and Avolites aren't daft.

Archived