Etc Express 250

Djbarryblue

I have an express 250 I use I use in my theatre thinking about getting another 1 for my self as it is a great desk to use. Now using more and more moving lights than before as you all know its they way we are heading would be really nice if you could build a profile for a shape genorator. like the one in the avo desk or even the bloody zero 88 frog stuff has one any ideas? ;)

The Express is a great desk for generics - but no good (IMO) for movers. Leastways, it wasn't when I last used one that way (a few years ago) - perhaps there's been some new software since then which has lots of lovely moving lights stuff in it .... but I doubt it ...

For running small quantities of movers, you can't go far wrong with a Pearl. Lots of people like Fat Frogs too - not so keen myself, but I guess that's just personal taste ...

emphasis, has the mover software, makes the desk ideal for small shows with some movers, and IIRC has a basic shape generator if not tho its easy to make your own with a subroutine, we spent all day at plasa doing this and had a very successful time with it on various desks

hth

Ben

Even for the price of a basic express 250, there are far better moving light desks on the market. For less than 5 grand (x250 lists at £4810) you could have a pearl, a hog 500, Hog PC or a spark 4d from compulite, . If you had a FAT Frog then your have a big lump of change...all of these are far more powerful and moving light friendly then an express

The experss is great for conventionals, however I once had the misforture of running 24 Golden Scan 3's on one for a musical - It was HELL!

Shop around and you'll be supprised what you may find that will do all you want for far less than the cost of an express

regards

tim

Archived