Spider Web

techieguru

I am designing the set/props for our annual children's show Charlotte's web, and in the show Charlotte's spells out things in the web, while talking and such. The web needs to be able to be easily moved because it gets moved during the show. We have came up with a few ideas that would work..but they aren't great so any help would be of great appreciation.

Thanks

Taylor

I not familiar with Charlotte's web can you explain in more detail what you need.

Some prop, that looks like a web, that Charlotte can manipulate so that the audience can see words (how many how large) appear (and dissappear?).

I'm thinking thin fine blue candi-floss right now but I might just be hungry!

she spells out a variety of words in the web such as "humble" "radiant" and "some pig". the web as to be easy to move because it changes locations during the show, and there cannot be two because of the way it was designed...my fault. I had two ideas none of which I we too happy with the first would be to make a web out of some sort string/rope and then velcro the letters..it is a childrens show so it not looking real isnt a problem. the other was to make a generic web out of wood and have a removable middle that she could insert the words...but this seems too cumbersome.

thanks for your help

taylor

Make a permanent web, but with Velcro attach points on it. Then, just make velcro letters. Cheap, foolproof/childproof.

For hanging the web, use bungee cord thats been chalked white (you may want to make a few spare lengths up so you can swap as the chalk wears off). You can then hook that into place when you need the web.

What about if you make the web from white fabric, silks, crystal organzas, lining materials, lace, all other things you can find and project onto it, then you have a decent 3d texture and the words can easily appear and be animated however you would like... It will also be unexpected from the audience point of view, and each word can appear differently.

Archived