Magic Carpet effect

Stutwo

It can be more than you can hold, if you look at more experienced windsurfers, you'll note that the harness they wear has a metal hook at waist height. That allows you to clip on and really lean into the sail, with your feet in the board straps to keep you in place (great fun :)). I doubt it'll hold enough to be useful though.

We had a Custom made carpet for a pantomime a few years ago, It was in essence a large trolley with a seesaw on it. the cast sat on one end and the other had a cradle to fit our counterweights in.

It was quite a sturdy piece of kit, it had to balance three people on one end of it (one of them Christopher Biggins) and an equal ammount of weight in the back. Surfices to say that it was not an easy thing to move

The entire thing was operated by four crew, in full blacks. despite being counterweighted, it took two people to lift the actors, and two to move the thing from side to side.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll see if I can find out where it went to.

I saw a reasonably effective version where it was done via the use of a trap and there was essentially a tall black box with wheels onthe bottom. this was placed on top of surface (b) which was lowered below stage and this box had surface (a) as it's top -when in place surface (a) was flush with the rest of the floor adn the cahracters laid a carpet on top and sat on it. the trap raised and when (b) reached the top the box was then free to be rolled around the stage with an asm inside or behind moving it.

Archived