Open headphones

dbuckley

I'm looking for a set of headphones, the sort that used to be called "open air", the sort that have very little room isolation. I want them so that I can wear them whilst mixing and they dont seriously colour what I hear from the room, but can hear intercom cues. Any ideas?

in my opinion, the best headphones are made by Sennheiser. The HD 650's or the HD 600's are particuarly popular, with the 650's being slightly brighter. If you get a chance to listen to them then you'll see why they are so expensive, about £150 for the 600's and £200 for the 650's. Well worth it though if you have the budget.

Me and a friend made some "twin source headphones" with v1 having basically a splitter on the input for two sources, and v2 having a volume control on each input pre splitter, with v3 being a closed back pair of headphones, with some slimline earphones inside that, so that we could hear source one (comms) clearly through the in ears, and source two as a backing to that

dunc

Archived