Catwalks

wodp

A friend of mine is on a fashion course and involved in a fashion show theyre putting on in may. I've offered to come up with a rough plan for said show, and have been told the audience size (approx 250). Having not ever done one of these or been able to find any specs on the net for existing/previous shows, can anyone give me an idea how long a catwalk is? I've guessed 15m so you can fit 250ish ppl into a space thats about 12 x 24 excl backstage area. Any ideas appreciated.

Dave

there are no real rules for catwalks, appart from long enough to get all you models on for the final parade!

most are designed to be build easily from whatever staging system you use, we use mostly 8x4 ft decks and most of the catwalks we use are 8ft wide the longest we've done has been 60Ft from the fornt of the stage with a 24ft circular sub stage at the end of it - but that show had a lot of models on it

hope this is of help

regards

tim

Archived