Arkaos / Enttec USB Pro problem

GRisdale

Hi BR,

I'm working on a contemporary dance piece later this year that involves a fair amount of projection, so have started investigating DMX controlled media servers to play back from (rather than 'good' old DVD). Arkaos looks to be a really good option for what I want to do, but am struggling to get it to work on DMX...

I have an Enttec USB Pro device running with the latest firmware and driver. Works fine using other software (of the transmit variety) and when using the Enttec test software on 'Receive' I get DMX levels implying that the device is working properly.

When in Arkaos 3.6 (demo version, but apparently still the full version as all you need to do is purchase an unlock code to make it yours) I go to Preferences -> DMX Setup... The "Use Device" box is already ticked, but the drop down menu is greyed out and says "ETCnet2". The "Setup" button is greyed out too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

That's odd - last time I set up an Arkaos, it refused to do ETCNet2 until I'd registered it as being an ETCNet2 copy.

Until then it only gave me the options of MIDI and various DMX input devices.

Once registered as an ETCNet2 copy it only gave me the options of MIDI and ETCNet2

It may be that they've since decided to go the other way around - I'd try emailing them and asking, as they are really nice people!

Archived