Haze fluid

Kate Bonney

Have got our hands on an Antari X-310 Fazer (fog and haze machine) which has handily arrived with no manual. Can anyone who has come across one of these machines before tell me a bit about them?

It has come with a DMX converter which is lovely, it's own manual remote and a bottle of generic smoke fluid... which doesn't seem to produce very nice haze. Anyone know what produces the nicest haze? Presumably something light...? Found some info on the web but obviously they are trying to sell there own product and everyone is shut for this thing called Christmas (?)

Any info to help us make the most of this pretty little bit of kit would be gratefully accepted.

K

best bet might be to get in touch with coemar uk, they are the distributors of the Antari range in the uk and are very helpful.

you can get them on: 01233636688 somone like Ben there will almost certainly be able to help

HTH

Ben

Re. the fluid - I'd imagine that if you get in touch with any major supplier (e.g. Stage Electrics, AC Lighting, etc.) and give them the make and model of your machine, they'll be able to sort you out with some fluid to suit.

Looking at the Antari website, it looks like your machine will only take the FLG fluid and not the haze fluid. That's the trouble with smoke machines that also pretend to be hazers ... they aren't proper haze machines, so you'll never really have 100% success in achieving a light, long-hanging haze from them. All you can get is dense smoke that's thinned out by being blown about a bit with a built-in fan.

yeah, totaly right, I have had "so called" hazers before but they are simply a fogger with a fan.

I found the only way to get decent haze, and the effect I wanted was to buy a decent machine, so in the end I bought a Le Maitre Neutron, which I am very happy with.

I also have a new ultimate haze from Chauvet, I bought it as a backup machine, again its a fogger with a fan, but I have found that if I put neutron fluid in it ;)

It works identically to the Le maitre

also the neutron is about £500, and the chauvet is £150 (with DMX, the neutron isnt, unless your get a converter)

vince

I dont like these hazers much they are just a smoke machine with a fan

best hazer I have found use is the le metria as long as you turn it down to the minium if you aint got a DMX conrol or else its a bit like a ship in the lost hare !!! ** laughs out loud **

I had one of the Antari Fazer's on a install. Was being used regular 3 times a week but the heateing element packed up after about 3 months of use. I mainly use the Le Maitre Neutron nowdays for most jobs I do.

Another problem I found with the Antari fazer for a installation job was the size of the fluid bottle. I suppose its ok for more mobile and portable work, but I had it installed around 6ft high on a ledge. Kept having to refill it on a weekly basis. One good advantage of the fazer is the blue led fluid light. This led lights the tank and flashes when running low on fluid. It also has automatic cut off to stop it running dry.

Also remember that using other manufactures fluids can invalidate the gaurantee on your machine.

I also have a new ultimate haze from Chauvet, I bought it as a backup machine, again its a fogger with a fan, but I have found that if I put neutron fluid in it ;)

It works identically to the Le maitre

I did wonder - it certainly looks like a clone of the Le Maitre one. Sounds very tempting at <£150...

• 5 weeks later...
Hi I am edd you should try this first if you turn your knob on the DMX controller to the markings on the left of the knob it works as a hazer if you want smoke you turn it up. also use DMX and change the fan speeds becsaue it works better when its not @ 100% change the fan speeds and output level untill you find the right setting for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked quite a bit on antari machines, and have found the X-310 to be the most buggy of their range, although most of the faults have been rectified in the newer models.

Probably the best fluid to use with this machine is antari's own "misty haze". Using any other manufactures fluids in the machine will invalidate the warranty, but they can't prove it :** laughs out loud **: But using cheap crap will invariably block the heater which in turn knackers up the pump, so you're probably best off forking out in the first place, unless you want a hefty repair bill!!

The problem is, the previous distributor of antari products, I think it was "source", still distributes "official antari" haze fluid, which he isn't official antari fluid at all! So its pretty hard to tell when you're getting the real deal.

Coemar are the current suppliers for antari, but I don't know if they distribute directly... but you'd probably get a better price from them, rather than going to a retailer. You can only ask and see if they tell you to piss off :P

Archived