WYSIWYG Network Help

tvi675

Hi,

I'm trying to get WYSIWYG to work on a network for the first time, and not having a lot of luck. Everything is installed, computers networked up, firewalls turned off, dongle plugged in.. I go to set up WYSIWYG and no matter what I do, it keeps saying it can't find the network dongle, check the connectivity with the server.

I've checked the connectivity with the server, its running fine and I can ping it from the machine I'm trying to run WYG on, yet still no joy!

Any help would be greatfully appreciated,

Matt

Hi,

I'm trying to get WYSIWYG to work on a network for the first time, and not having a lot of luck. Everything is installed, computers networked up, firewalls turned off, dongle plugged in.. I go to set up WYSIWYG and no matter what I do, it keeps saying it can't find the network dongle, check the connectivity with the server.

I've checked the connectivity with the server, its running fine and I can ping it from the machine I'm trying to run WYG on, yet still no joy!

Any help would be greatfully appreciated,

Matt

Have you installed the network application on the machine acting as the server for the software.

If you have done the above then you probably need to reinstall the Dongle Drivers.

These can be downloaded from http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp. These need to go on the machine with the dongle in only.

The dongle must be removed during the install. It will probably ask if you want to upgrade the drivers. Say yes.

Regards

Andy

I've tried as you said and reinstalled the drivers, but I'm still getting the same message! WYSIWYG Server R17 is on the server machine and WYSIWYG R14 is on the machine that won't connect. Could the different releases be anything to do with it?

Matt

I've tried as you said and reinstalled the drivers, but I'm still getting the same message! WYSIWYG Server R17 is on the server machine and WYSIWYG R14 is on the machine that won't connect. Could the different releases be anything to do with it?

Matt

Could well be the problem. If the sever is higher than the client. Its fine the other way around. Can you not put R17 on the client machine?

I would, but its my boss who knows the login details, and he's away at LDI with the standard dongle!

Matt

I'm not sure what you are saying. You don't need the standard dongle to put R17 on. If you have the network dongle in the machine then you just need to install the R17 Software, all the dongle does is allows you to open it.

Sorry to confuse - we have been using the standard dongle before, but he has taken it with him, hence why I am trying to make the network one work. But because he's away, I can't get the login details to download the upgrade.. Think this one might have to wait until he gets back!

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Archived