Sign Maker

allsounds

I loathe the very concept of them, truly odious.
The signs, or the hoodie wearing thugs that they prohibit? (and I do know that not only thugs wear hoodies) They are worn by a certain criminal, violent sub-culture in an effort to avoid detection/prosecution. A group of them fought a running battle with store security in my local Salisbury's while stealing one bottle of scotch. Not only kicking and punching security guards, but innocent bystanders too.

Come the revolution they will be second against the wall. Wasps first!

The signs, or the hoodie wearing thugs that they prohibit?

The signs (which don't prohibit thugs btw, that would be a "no thugs" sign you're thinking of), and the casual acceptance of our civil liberties being chucked out by the bucketload. Admittedly the right to dress as you want is pretty small beer compared to habeas corpus, the right to silence, trial by jury, etc., but even so...

A sign for every occasion, even warning of my Ex! :huh: :)

Sorry to put a dampener on that, (and OT) but that sign is actually used for Hazardous areas under the new ATEX directive for industry (think explosion protection for petro-chemical plants etc.) which is part of my 'real' job.

However I do prefer your interpretation though, and will most probaby raise a smile the next time I see one of these signs while on site.

Guest lightnix
The signs, or the hoodie wearing thugs that they prohibit?
The signs (which don't prohibit thugs btw, that would be a "no thugs" sign you're thinking of), and the casual acceptance of our civil liberties being chucked out by the bucketload...
Agree 110% with Seano and could rant about it for England, but in order to avoid drifting totally off-topic... :)

Click here for a previous post / thread on the correct use of warning signs in general.

Sat here in a hoodie... um - do I need to go find an old lady to mug? Seems the done thing if you choose this certain style of clothing! Perhaps I could go and steal a car and kidnap a small child... well I wouldn't want to let the image get at all distorted now, would I. :)

On the sign thing though... ain't really played with the website much - but signs you print yourself tend to look very amateur and a bit cr@p.

They invariably get put up outdoors, usually in an upside-down plastic pocket, but then after 2 weeks of Somerset weather they look rubbish... all creased up from the wind, water has usually got in somehow, the holes that the drawing pins made have caused rusty stains on the paper and now they look rubbish!

This website seems good if you need a sign quickly and it's only for a short while, but is it not just better to go to RS and get the proper signs? Unless you have a laminater - thats a different story! (But I sadly don't!)

Hoodies- I love them and indeed own several, and a skateboard. I Just found the graphics amusing that's all.

As for home made signs being a bit naff- well yes they can, but I could see this being usefull for all sorts of things. I should probably make some sort of 'don't look down the sharp end of a bright projector' sign. 5 minutes on this website, 30 seconds on the laminater and bob's your uncle.

• 1 month later...
The signs (which don't prohibit thugs btw, that would be a "no thugs" sign you're thinking of), and the casual acceptance of our civil liberties being chucked out by the bucketload...

and

I loathe the very concept of them, truly odious.

** laughs out loud **.

Those signs are for use in security areas, such as banks, were items that obscure the face are generally worn by people up to no good. hence why there are signs requesting that you remove hats, hoods and motorbike helmets.

Also it says no hoods not hoodies, the sign prohibits hoods being worn over the head, not prohibiting the wearing of hooded items.

Sat here in a hoodie... um - do I need to go find an old lady to mug? Seems the done thing if you choose this certain style of clothing! Perhaps I could go and steal a car and kidnap a small child... well I wouldn't want to let the image get at all distorted now, would I. :huh:
Also sat in front of my computer, wearing a hoodie, but I think the fact it has the name of a christian band across the front would suggest that I don't intend to go and mug anyone.

I know this isn't point of the topic, but the best I have managed is going into Bluewater shopping centre (the epicentre of much hooded controversy) and being asked to remove my christian union hoodie by security.

Archived