Hire of Mac "Dome"

ChrisD

I'm looking for a pair of Mac Domes to hire for 2 nights just outside the North-West of London. It's a charity event with a tight budget so I can't afford to spend more than about £50 for the pair. SLX have them in their hire stock listed at £110 per week, and I have scanned a couple of other hire price lists but to no avail. If anyone in the area has hired them before, please could they tell me where from, and for how much.

Many Thanks

Chris

I'm looking for a pair of Mac Domes to hire for 2 nights just outside the North-West of London. It's a charity event with a tight budget so I can't afford to spend more than about £50 for the pair. SLX have them in their hire stock listed at £110 per week, and I have scanned a couple of other hire price lists but to no avail. If anyone in the area has hired them before, please could they tell me where from, and for how much.

Many Thanks

Chris

Erm,PRG have domes,Essential have domes but I think you might be being optimistic at best with the budget!

I am aware that the budget is somewhat tight, but for £50, I could hire a Mac 500 for a week, which is worth 3 or 4 times a Mac Dome. I know there are less of them around, but they can't be that hard to find cheaply.

You'd think the Domes would be cheaper, but in my experience they certainly aren't. Probably something to do with the Domes not being as in-demand as an ordinary Mac, therefore higher prices.

The only ones I know of locally outside of SLX are £90 per week each.

I am aware that the budget is somewhat tight, but for £50, I could hire a Mac 500 for a week, which is worth 3 or 4 times a Mac Dome. I know there are less of them around, but they can't be that hard to find cheaply.

On a budget of £50, you'll almost certainly have to collect them yourself. Rather than hunting up and down the country for someone with a price a few pounds cheaper, why not contact the local people, who you know have them, and ask.

Are you actually using them for two nights or is that just the length of time you need them for? You might be able to negotiate a day rate if you're only intending to use them for one night.

Maybe if you spent a bit more on your macs from a company that also stocked domes then you may get better deal on the dome with them knowing it's protecting their lamps.

FYI some of the domes available are about half the price of a mac 500... and they're not going to go out every second hire hence the higher price to return their initial investment.

Richard Martin, White Light, ELG, PRG, Neg Earth, in fact most of the large london suppliers with macs have them

Regards

Tim

Archived