ECS Apollo JDR Dimmer

andy jackson

Hi All,

I have finally got round to looking at a faulty channel on one of our dimmers, they are the above model supplied by Northern Stage Services 6/7 years ago, I have Googled and Googled but cant seem to find the schematics or any information about them.

The problem is that one channel doesnt work! I'm not sure how it stopped - gradually failing then stopping or with an allmighty pop as it was knackered when I got the job, my guess is a triac or SCR however when I opened the dimmer up I couldn't see anything that even looked like a triac/scr just a rather sparce pcb! Do they come in a massive range of shapes and sizes which could be catching me out? or has any one had any experience of these?

Im loathed to give up straight away and pay for someone to come in and bench test it because - as always- budget is tight!

I can provide some pics if people would like, tell me what you want to see and I will click away!

Also feel free to shift this to the lighting forum.

There may well be a beery award if I can get them fixed - I guess the budget isnt all that tight!

Cheers!

Andy

Archived