Martin 500

kdunlop

Hi,

I'm using the Pearl 2004. The palette I have for my martin 500 is letting the light move, but after about 20 seconds, goes to a reset mode and makes weird motor sounds. I never can get the light to come on. Any ideas? It is happening with all four of them.

Kris

Hi,

I'm using the Pearl 2004. The palette I have for my martin 500 is letting the light move, but after about 20 seconds, goes to a reset mode and makes weird motor sounds. I never can get the light to come on. Any ideas? It is happening with all four of them.

Kris

Do you mean a Mac 500 spot???

Sounds like you could have an issue between the fixture profile in the console, and what mode the fixture is running in....

As for the lamp coming on, have you used the 'Lamp On' macro??

Have you been on the pearl trainning course?? makes the console much easier to use, and develop your programming skills on it!!

It sounds like your shutter channel is set to keep reseting.

Check this channel (1st channel) is set to somewhere between 20 - 49 (/255) or 8 - 19%. This is the setting for "shutter open". If it is set to 208 - 217 (/255) or 82 - 85%, this is the setting for "reset".

The "lamp on" setting is 228 - 237(89-93%) or you can do it manually on the unit.

HTH

Hi,

Kris

Doesn't sound like a problem with the fixtures then, seeing as its happening on all four.

As Tanko says, make sure that you have the fixtures patched on the desk as the right mode. So if the mac 500's are set to mode 1, then make sure u pick MT_500m1 (if your using a fixture profile from the Avo website) or MMac500M1 (if your using the desks inbuilt profile) when patching them on your pearl.

Next thing id recommend once you've patched them is, selecting the 4 fixtures and then trying ML Menu > Locate Fixture. In most fixture profiles, specially if its an inbuilt one which on the 2004 im sure it would be, this has the lamp on command set to 'fire' as well as set p/t to 50% and effects/colour/gobo to open, when you locate the fixture.

If their still not having any of it, hit shutter on the ML Bank of attributes. Then like Just Some Bloke said, you can scroll with the correct wheel to anything between 89% and 93%. Thats the level that the DMX lamp on command on the shutter channel works at.

HTH.

Tom

Hi Guys

I could be mistaken but the locate fixture command on the pearl does not fire the lamp it only opens the shutter.

If it fired the lamp and you selected multiple fixture you would probably blow the local CB or fuse board.

I tend to agree with the shutter position being the culprit. or an outside chance they may be set to the Martin Protocol and are being confused by the DMX signal this can be changed in the fixtures own menu.

Hope this is of some help.

Thom

Hi Thom, had a similar thought about the possibility of the mac being set to martin protocol, but then remembered the time when we had some mac 500/600 heads not responding at all, or showing they had data, we eventually found that the heads had been set to martin not DMX... So don't think this is the cause of the problem..

I'll admit I could be wrong about the lamp strike command being in the locate fixture, but swear last time I was doing a gig with some macs and an Avo we just went select, locate... and I'm pretty sure the lamps weren't on before because I rigged and set most of the fixtures myself, or told others how to do it. Hmm <_< .

If it fired the lamp and you selected multiple fixture you would probably blow the local CB or fuse board.
:( thats why I always allow striking headroom on the power, or program a chase to strike the lamps! Wonder what it'd be like if the tried to strike all the lamps on the latest Robbie Williams tour all at once ;)

Well, don't know what more advice anyone can give until the o/p reports back and goes into some more detail about what hes done/tried so far..

Tom

Hey all. I sat down at my console today to try again. I opened up your replies, patched everything in like I usually do and to my unbelievement, it worked right off the bat, before I got to any of your suggestions. I did nothing different. I checked all the settings on the light and they were all where they should be still. So, who knows what it was, but everything is working awesome now. Now my goal is to figure out everything about this light. Should be fun <_< Thanks for all your help, again.

Kris

;) I'm sure you can come up with a few nice things to do on a pearl with some 500's!

Try my current favourite, circle shape and play around with the offset & spread till it all looks pretty and not all the lamps doing the same, then as the 500's have got an iris.. try some of the iris shapes and have a play with the spread on that. Seems to make a nice effect..

Tom

thats why I always allow striking headroom on the power, or program a chase to strike the lamps!

If you Lamp On automatically when the Mac gets power then it will add a delay (up to 60 seconds I believe) in based on it DMX start address so you don't get them all going at the same time. So striking a large rig need to no harder than powering it up.

Archived