Blagging free mobile phones!?

monkeh

Hi guys

The director I'm working with at the moment has asked me to get 2 new-ish mobile phones for free to be used as props in our show - while she's pointed out (helpfully enough!!) that they don't need to work, can anyone suggest somewhere that I might be able to get them from?!

Maybe aiming a tad high here, but thought it would be worth a go!

Cheers

S

They should be taking broken/unwanted phones in from punters upgrading to comply with WEEE or somesuch legislation by now (or very soon).

Dead phones returned to shops tend to get returned to the manufacturer or network for reconditioning, very few are actually disposed of.

However, the shops may have some non-working display handsets that they don't need any longer.

Having needed the same thing for a current show, I've got to tell how helpful Carphone Warehouse were! (Is that advertising. Sorry if it is)

They gave a display model phone of a new model free of charge because they had two of the same type on display.

Mind you, the assistant manager nearly slipped up and gave us a phone worth £300 thinking it was a display model. Now that would have been the blag of the year. <_<

Tony

Mind you, the assistant manager nearly slipped up and gave us a phone worth £300 thinking it was a display model. Now that would have been the blag of the year. :P

Tony

Nice one!!! That would have been an amazing blag!! My best blag so far has to be a free box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (I only needed the packaging!) Free food's always a good blag! ;)

Back onto (non-edible - doh!) phones...I managed to get a couple of free old dummy phones from a Ryman's round by me today - the guy was really friendly and I've got a couple of blags out of the way! Now to find a free non-working laptop!!!! Any ideas?!

Sarah

Archived