Congo

cknapper

Hi all, Ok did my first Big Rock & Roll gig Last night since having the Congo and the New Software version on it. Everything was Going Ok but when I started to Flash on the Bottom Master Playback Faders and the Went to change anything (Like changing the Top Page from Page 5 to 4 or pressing the Quick Buttons at the top to select diffrent things) The Desk Freeze's I can use the 2 Pages and whats on them but every else I just get locked out of. Dead anouying coz I had to re-boot the Desk to do anything else. This happened 3 Times to me I know you say why do it after the First and second time but happens even if I have a cue stack on a fader and press this when I do a change.

I hope Ive made sence and someone out there can Help Ive email Jerry at ETC just wonder has had this happen to no one else but me. I hope its a Glich in the Software but want to make sure before goin back as I have another rock and Roll show next Week.

Thanking you in advance Carlos

Do you mean that if you press any of the buttons whilst holding down a flash button it crashes the desk? And by new software do you mean 4.2.0?

Does it do the same when using a cue stack-chase on a master?

I will attempt to replicate this on my desk today.

Its very interesting given that 4.2.0 was supposed to fix 'issues' with flash buttons.....

Hi Andrew Yes Its 4.2.0 and Yes it happens when im pressing a cue stack in a cue. The only way not to crash the desk is just flash, But I have 3 groups of 8 with my Movers which I have set just to Flash Int only. this means I can then Use the Direct Select keys to change Col and Postion whilst still flashing or Pulsing but I carnt Do this coz it Just Freeze the Desk.

Carlos

Thanks for the report Carlos.

I'll poke my Congos tomorrow and try to find the minimum way to replicate it, and if there is a workaround for your show next week.

I take it you want to use Direct Selects to choose position/colour/gobo, and flash buttons for intensity.

And I'll get the software guys onto fixing it, if Jeremy hasn't already.

Archived