White finish profiles

paulears

Depends what size you're after. Certainly CCT do a range of 500/650W profiles and fresnels in an enamel white. We have used these quite alot for fashion show type things and some exhibition work. Selecon do the same for their smaller ranges, not sure about Pacifics etc.Certainly I remember in the dim and distant past seeing some Strand profiles in white. Not sure if these were just prototype/concept lights or the real thing.

May be worth a quick ring to Stage or AC (or similar)

David

great Stuff - thanks chaps! - but I've not had much luck. A few discharge versions from their architectural ranges, and selecon don't seem to do anything suitable at all?

I suspect the link to the firm who will spray them for you might be the only way, although this will no doubt wreck andy chance of under guarantee work. Looks like ETC may be the way to go, as most of theirs are available in colour finishes, but at a hefty price premium.

ETC can do Source4s in any colour you like!

However, Black and White are the two 'standard' colours - I can't rememer if there is a price premium on white though, but the your dealer can tell you.

If you want anything else, it starts to get more expensive with longer lead times. I believe there are a few pink ones knocking about somewhere...

The Selecon Acclaim 650 watt axial has the same punch as most older 1K profiles. They are used to replace older 1K profiles as a power management option, saves 450 watts per fitting.

Prolite http://www.prolite.com.au/ an Australian company offer a range of powder coating finishes to suit the architectural market. Optics aren't as good on older models.

How many do you need? I know that we've got at least one (possibly a couple) white powder-coated SL zooms lying about in our lantern 'graveyard'. I think they came as part of a package some years ago, and have never been used. Might be able to persuade the boss to part with it/them if you're interested. The only thing is, they don't have lamp burner assemblies in them - and I understand that those are VERY difficult to get hold of at the moment.

Archived