Renting Martin Mania EFX800s

dwh

I'm trying to find a place I can rent 2x Martin Mania EFX800s (amongst other things, but these are the only 'specific' kit I need) in/around Croydon (South London/North Surrey), but the Martin official distributors don't seem to stock them, and one of the companies I regularly use doesn't have them (I'll know if the other do on Monday, but it's not their kind of thing really). So... Any ideas?

Cheers!

Tried Point Source, got ZigZag to ring Monday (though I wouldn't expect them to do them), also still to ring White Light, though they're not on their online catalogue.

[Edit to add a word I missed; it's 3am, forgive me.]

Have you thought about the Martin Wizard? Its a basically the same sort of effect and has a more powerful lamp than the EFX800.

Few places I know that have the wizard in stock are; Intersound PA, FT Audio Visual Ltd and Viking Stage Lighting

After just looking at the martin website I get the feeling that the EFX fixtures are just DJ end versions of the Wizards!

HTH,

Tom

I figure hiring in a full Wizard would probably be more expensive than hiring in a single effect (trying to keep cost to a minimum) but as a last resort I may well do that, thanks for the advice!

The wizards are a completely different effect to the EFX 800. The wizards have the pan and tilt on a mirror wheel whereas the the EFX 800 is a mania version of the old raptor with a three coloured paddle wheel at the front of the fixture. It has no pan or tilt as such unlike the wizards. If you were looking for a similar effect to the wizard then the EFX500 or 600 would be more suitable....the 600 being the brighter fixture with a discharge lamp.

Archived