flameproof regulations

kmk

Hi! Wonder if anyone can help me...I get a bit confused when theatres say sets and need to be flameproof as this doesn't seem to always mean you have to use class 1 timber (am I right about this?). Also re canvas - does this also come in different classes of fire retardency? I would be very glad to finally sort this out once and for all! Also, if I do want class 1 timber, do I get this from normal timber merchants? Any names of places in London that do it much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!

You can buy fire retardent chemicals from Rosco to treat wood and canvas [I have no connection to them but there products work well enough] there may be cheaper companies if you can find one as Rosco tend to be expensive.You do not need to buy expensive wood for most set work it is a waste, we are in the business of illusion.In theatre all that glitters is usually glitter.

You can buy fire retardent chemicals from Rosco to treat wood and canvas [I have no connection to them but there products work well enough] there may be cheaper companies if you can find one as Rosco tend to be expensive.You do not need to buy expensive wood for most set work it is a waste, we are in the business of illusion.In theatre all that glitters is usually glitter.

Thanks David,

Does this mean then that if a theatre says all set materials must be flameproof it is sufficient to use these chemicals? I know Flambar. What is class 1 wood then? Cheers

Archived