pyro controllers

kje-kev1459

There has been fairly extensive discussion about building your own pyro controller, search the forum and you should find some useful information. Personally I wouldn't do it, don't know enough about electronics, plus I know, like and trust the Le Maitre PyroFlash 6/24 so see no reason to stop using it :** laughs out loud **:

EDIT: oh, and welcome to the Blue Room!

I would agree with Gridgirl here, especially with Le Maitre's prostage range, and the air interface to go with them.

For not to much money, I don't see any point risking any safety by not using a professionally designed and tested system. Not casting asspertions about people's ability to make such a controller, but if you were to have an accident with a personally designed controller, could you guarantee that it wasn't your controller at fault.

HTH

Certainly you need to investigate your insurance policy. You may find it will be invalidated in the event of an incident\accident with a home-made unit (no matter how good it may be).

For a research project, fine. For a practical unit for everyday use... why make more work for yourself. Plenty of cheap firing units out there.

Have fun on the board.

Archived