Spark thinks its a Photon

five_pin_xlr

Hey all,

Basically my spark lx says photon in the setup menu and on the little diigital display also says photon.

I was talking to a regular compulite user who said it sounded odd, so call Andy Stone, which I did.

He reckons it could be a knackerd chip, obviously now im going to get it checked out, but is there something else it could possibly be, which I could tell him when I give it to him.

Best Regards

alex

Alex,

Can't believe you doubted my opinion!!!

Basically the Spark and Photon are identical systems internally, the only realy difference is that the Spark has three wheels and a trackball. The motherboard therefore should automatically detect what type of system it is and set itself up accordingly.

Generally this problem would be caused by a failure in the chip (a NOVRAM) losing it's information or getting corrupted, but it could also be a problem with other parts of the motherboard or the keyboard, hence we really need to take a look at it to be sure of the problem.

I didnt doubt your oppinion I know you know what your talking about, but I just dont want you to work to hard on it.

Obviously I want it working but I dont want you to waste your time on something its not, I'm not making sense ** laughs out loud **.

well basically I want it to take you as little time as possible so you can continue doing other jobs.

See you monday hopefully, depends when Roger is going, bye

Archived