DMX Tester

west-end-wonderer

Are you looking for a tester to actually analyse the output of a desk?

If you need something to generate a couple of channels of DMX for you, American DJ do a dead cheap box that works fine.

If you want to do genuine testing of a desks output.... not cheap. Only way I can think of to do that would be to use a USB-DMX widget (possibly 2) and something like MagicQ, configure one widget as an input (merging) and then viewing the output (with a 1:1 patch of dimmers in place) of the desk (in the output page, hit the show chans soft button) Not sure if that will work, not got the software on this laptop to check. And it wouldn't give you all of the features of a 'real' DMX tester.

HTH

I have just bought one from slx yesterday. its made by tmb and cost around £100 it can test leads and DMX outputs and it has a torch built in! comes with a leather holster which sold it to me! and the amount of LEDs!

Ill let you know how it works when Ive used it!

Pete

Showtec do a DMX tester for 229 euros which does everything you will ever need you can check out the details at highlite.I have to declare that I am a highlite agent but I am not going to sell you one.I use mine constantly,the only problem has been with the built in rechargeable batteries being faulty on arrival but after fixing that it is indispensable

Archived