Abstract Stepper Motors

djgavh

Hi All

I'm servicing some rather old Abstract Clubscan and Club Revolution lighting effects for a local bar and am having problems with working out what stepper motors go where. It seems that whoever worked on them previousy has just used what ever motors they could find. I just need to know the motor types used and which ones ar for Pan, Tilt, Color, and Gobo. I've got some old Abstract VR8 Scans that I was hoping to the motors from but I'll wait for an answer on the correct parts first.

Thanks

Gav

All four motors should be of the same type: 12v 1.8" stepper motors, one thing to check on these fixtures is that the gobo and colour wheels don't rub against each other, as their isn't a lot of clearance in the case. Hope that helps!

Si

Thanks for that Si. If you are up on older Abstract gear, I'd appreciate a bit more help with this. I've got 2 Club Scans and 2 Club Revolutions that are supposed to operate from a small Abtract controller. I've got no idea of the model number. Most of the decals have been rubbed off. It's about the size of a DVD case, purple and yellow with about 4 or 5 buttons on it. I'm hoping it's just a case of setting the heads to appropriate channels (1,5,9,13) and away it goes but I'm not convinced....

Hi Gav

I have refurbished some of the Abstract Futurescans and VR8's before. The motors are the same in the VR8 as used in the Futurescans, I did'nt purchase the steppers from Abstract but bought some from Farnell as they were cheaper but had to fit connectors on them as they were unterminated. I think I have a couple of the PCB's in the garage still.

John

Archived