Monacor DMX-510 USB Controller

FaithlessRock

Has anyone used a Monacor DMX-510 USB Controller on the PC to control DMX lights? I have just bought one and am having difficulties. The software seems to have installed correctly and works fine, however when I plug any lights into the DMX converter box which is in turn connected the the USB port of my PC, they do not respond to the software. They just sit idle. I know they must be talking somehow as if I kill the power to the DMX converter box, the lights all go to the default position if they are not there already. However, they are not responding to anything else. Any ideas?

Many thanks for any help you can give

Mark

Can't really comment on the specific software, but I have had a similar problem using Sunlite.

Check whether you need to install a new USB driver, as dongle hardware often requires an upgraded driver to operate properly.

This is a particular issue with earlier PC USB models

Hope this helps.

If there are any led's on the DMX converter ask Monacor what they should be doing.

When I first tried using the enttecc professional usb interface it did not work and they used it flash rate to work out that the driver was faulty and released a new driver.

The software worked fine as it is available as a free trial, but you need the usb dongle to output DMX.

Hi,

I have use the software for my mobile rig and had the same problem, I think the data + and data - are reversed on the USB box as opposed to normal DMX, I swapped the + & - pins over and all worked fine. I find the software that is supplied with it a bit cumbersome but have managed to produce some nice programs with it. I am eagerly awaiting a release of Freestyler that supports the USB version of the Monacor interface, as the current version of Freestyler only supports the 120 & 60 channel parrallel port versions. Freestyler interface is smilar to Martin Lightjockey and is a bit easier to visualise what is going on with the lights as gobos and colours selected are displayed on the screen.

Archived