Using a Sony ECMDS70P microphone for a live set

alexpunkboi

I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice.

I recently ororederedyself the MZ-N10 md player, and am very eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I also ordered the Sony ECMDS70P microphone.

I have 2 questions:

1) I have used this mic before to record songs in a small music room up close to the artist, but has anyone used this microphone to record a live set (Say in a bar/small theatre)? If so, was it any good - or would I be using totally the wrong mic?

2) Does anyone know if you can upload a live recording from a md player onto Sonic Stage or any other windows application so I can subsequently burn the recording onto a CD?

Help!

2) Does anyone know if you can upload a live recording from a md player onto Sonic Stage or any other windows application so I can subsequently burn the recording onto a CD?

Good question!! I have a brand new 710 with Sonic Stage, and I can't make the noise go from the MD to the PC. It's fine the other way.

Maybe we both need to RTFM... :D

I do have a digital out from a Sony JE510 into a Tascam US-428 which works, but the USB connection would save some hassle.

A housemate of mine picked up a clearance netMD deck for the dumping to/copying from of audio to computer audio format digitally and its an absolute effin con! Once you've dumped audio from the pc to the MD it won't let you re-copy it back to another pc and it seems pretty pants at copying audio off the computer too. Stick to the digital out method methinks, unless you can find a MD data drive and some ripping software if any came with it...

Dave

Archived