ADT1616

ChrisTS

Hi all,

I've finally got round to upgrading my behringer ddx3216 desk... been putting it off for a while as there was no real need to do it etc... but finally there now is! :P

But, upon searching for one I have found out in dismay that every shop I can find that did have the adt1616 on it, now doesn't and some even say that they've been discontinued :D

Is this true?

Anyone have any ideas where to get hold of one? -or am I going to have to wait for someone to list one on ebay (at this time there are none :( )

Cheers,

Chris

For reasons I can't fathom, Behringer have discontinued both the DDX3216 and its accessories.

Your only hope is to find a dealer who was left with one in stock, or hope one comes up on e-bay.

Bob

Unfourtunatly they were the 1st place I tried :( I normally get most gear from them, studiospares, or digitalvillage etc

hmmm, not looking good,

doh!

:D

hmm I don't get why they have discontinued all the stuf tho, it's a fantastic mixer, maybe they'll release a new digital??? that'll make everyone sell their old ones and adat cards, whoo! haha

Behringer didn't even release a press statement when they discontinued the DDX3216, nor did they post a news item on their site. Does anyone have any more information on why it was discontinued or if there is anything new in the pipeline? I was wanting to buy a DDX3216 but now can't find one except on eBay where they are going for more than thomann wanted for them in the first place.

I tried to question Jim Savery (Behringer's Global Customer Service Manager) about both the reasons the DDX was discontinued and whether they had another mixer in the works but he was unusually close-mouthed.

I know that many of the recent gear shortages were due to the Control of Hazardous Substances directive requiring the use of lead free solder (don't get me started on THAT lunacy!) but I suspect the DDX issue was something more.

...couldn't agree more though. The DDX was a great box for the money.

Bob

I suspect (based only on the beating of the drums) it was because the DDX had an unacceptable failure rate. Which is sad, as the DDX was a killer product. And would have been stellar if it could do routing under MIDI control...

• 1 year later...
I'll agree it was a good product.

it was a first attempt so to speak, and I'm sure that any issues that have been pointed out will be ironed out for a future digital board.

Rob

Hi Guys

Been a long time as I couldn't remember my login!!

I have 3 DDX 3216 one for live and two for studio.

They are simply a great desk.

Anyone got an adat 1616 for sale as there getting very hard to come by. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bob

Archived