Jands Vista

pyromonkey

just a general enquiry to Blue-Room Land about the Jands Vista. who has one in their Venue/Hire Stock?

And any personal opinions you have on the desk?

:P

To name a few hire companies who have Vista's. Bandit Lites, Lite Alternative, DBN, West End Studios, Essential Lighting. I can't really say to much about Vista as we are the sole distributors for Jands Products, and I would be accused of being biased but I have used it on a show and it is an awesomely powerful console, incredibly quick and extremely easy to use.

Kind Regards

Andy

I use a Vista S3, absolutely love the console (hence the handle). Fantastically powerful and the easiest desk to pick up I have ever used. You can have a great show up and running in minutes if you are running short of time of a get in.

The way of working is new compared with the standard consoles i.e. pearl, hog etc but once you have your head around it I don't think I would use anything else.

I used one for a show and then did the training and it truely is a superbly powerful desk. It is really most suited to being operated by the Lighting Designer due to the hands on graphical nature of the thing, but for that purpose it is brilliant.

The timeline is a great idea and they have done a lot of clever little tricks to make all of that work. I also really like the way that the channels and groups are selected, although it would be good if you were able to label the graphical layouts rather more (I believe this is something in the works)

Archived