hollywood theme

chris512

evening all, was just hoping if anyone had any ideas for a show I'm co-producing which is coming up in 2 weeks (don't worry most of its planned :D just wanting it to sparkle now ;) )

It's a variety show called "say goodbye to hollywood", so far we've got a red carpet, glamours hostesses, movie posters, mac domes for our mac500's for that search light effect on the building etc....

just wondering if anyone has any more ideas for this theme, its sort of hollywood meets very modern MTV if you get me. thanks!!

yeah we looked into confetti cannons but they were a bit out of our price range,

There not that pricy. If you get two, hang them facing downstage on the back LX bar of the stage. Fire then in the finale and it gives a great showbiz effect.

well we looked into some confetti canons and I was quoted £411 from Le Maitre for an electric one (we currently don't own any pyro gear) and the handheld ones were £91 and then £20 for the confetti. So if anyone has anymore ideas for sources of cheap coneffit canons that would be great (bearing in mind we need them for the 17th of december). One technician I asked suggested the 2 pieces of 2x4, large cloth and hinge pin idea to me, which is our main backup at the moment!!!

Archived