Strand SL

Ian Cunningham

I'm in the middle of cleaning & PAT testing a pile of SLs and managed to dislodge a lens from its carrier due to a) clumsiness & b) it wasn't particularly well attached to start with. ;)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable adhesive to re-set the glass lens back into the plastic carrier?

I'd love to know how they designed so many dust traps into one lantern and that stoopid cable(non)grip at the back - I just trashed a lamp housing trying to fix one :(

Ian Cunningham

and that stoopid cable(non)grip at the back - I just trashed a lamp housing trying to fix one :(

The cable gland is much better on the 'Mk2' lampbase, if the grip does go it's not a devils own job to rewire it. One trick I've seen recently (and will be doing to all of ours) is to cable tie the power cable back onto the lampbase so the point of grip is there if someone drops the plug/cable and not in the lampbase. On the occasion I saw it, it had been cable tied through the hole that allows you to stick a philips screwdriver to adjust the lamp centering - seemed a very cheap and effective way of sorting that problem out.

I've not had a problem with lenses falling out of the carriers, I presume it's some sort of silicon adhesive though. If you have no luck here, try calling Strand directly - they've always been very helpful to me on SLs quandries.

HTH

Stu

Archived