CMY Conversions

Stu

As discussed with Peter the other night, my plan is to build up a useful resource of data which anyone can use to log onto my workspace when at work, or out on the road, to get the data they need in a hurry. (Hopefully something we'll all find useful. I know I will when I'm at work and I can't remember where all this stuff is!)

Maybe even type in Rosco or Lee number to get it's equivalents in CMY mixing for Macs and Varilites etc...

Perhaps even WAP, who knows!

So, if people have anything helpful that could be added, let me know and I'll get it all sorted out (eventually. Ballet next week, all week, :D so will be pretty busy!)

I haven't been able to see if the same values work for 300's but I have the Varilite codes if they are any good to any one, just let me know.

I would have thought they'd work for the 300's - probably use the same CMY mixing technology.

Stu

The only difference (as far as I can think of them anyway) is that 5/600's can take both MSR and MSD lamps - one has a higher colour temp. than the other one, so you will get the variation if you're using the 300s (which are stuck to one of the lamp standards - cant remember off the top of my head which one).

HTH

PEter

The only difference (as far as I can think of them anyway) is that 5/600's can take both MSR and MSD lamps - one has a higher colour temp. than the other one, so you will get the variation if you're using the 300s (which are stuck to one of the lamp standards - cant remember off the top of my head which one).

Mmmm good thinking batman... anyone got any 300 and 600's on rig at the mo, and see if it makes a noticable difference?! :D

Stu

Guest lightnix
You could also try contacting Flying Pig. I believe that on the Hog3 you are (will be ?) able to call colours by range and number, but due to the variations between fixtures these have had to be painstakingly mapped into the software, light by light colour by colour.

Archived