Festoon Fun

lampyal

Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking for some festoon for a gig next weekend, I'm confused over voltages and so forth.

Most of the festoon that I find on the net and ebay is listed as 110v. I need to run the festoon of 240v dimmers with 16amp plugs.

If I change the plug and lamps on this 110v festoon will that work please?

Or if anyone knows where I could buy some unwanted, unloved second hand 'theatre' type festoon that would be fab :-)

Many Thanks,

Ali

The 110V ones are usually yellow & fitted with a yellow 110v CEEform plug. They're really designed for building site / railway trackside type applications.

You could change the lamps & the plug - but why bother?

It'll be far easier to go to your local lighting hire co & tell them you want (to hire/buy) a festoon. You should be able to get the choice of all white or a mixture of coloured lamps. They may be wired to 16A plugs already, or the hire co can provide an adapter.

Have Fun!

Best Regards,

Marc

or 2 x 110V strings in series????

Wouldn't this be a problem if a lamp or lamps went in one of the strings, leaving them unbalanced?

Edit: Thinking about it more, it's probably going to be negligible if the festoons are of any length.

Well in series, one goes bang, they all go out.... Nothing worse than this as it means getting the meter out to find out which one went pop B-), always a problem with ACLs (for instance).

Well in series, one goes bang, they all go out.... Nothing worse than this as it means getting the meter out to find out which one went pop http://www.blue-room.org.uk/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif, always a problem with ACLs.

But this would be two parallel strings in series.

Archived