Guys and Dolls

GridGirl

Mini rant: I see red when he all purpose phrase "technical difficulties" is used to excuse ANY delay, even if the cause is not technical in the slightest. When I worked for the TV news company, the journalists used to be VERY quick to use that as an excuse, even if the actual cause was something like "the journo forgot to write the script" or "the sub-editor is in the pub and hasn't finalised the running order yet". End of mini rant. Used to drive me mad since I managed the technical department.

Bob

Agree with you there Bobbsy.

It's possibly the most irritating thing I ever heard the Cruise Director say on board ship - "The show has been delayed due to technical difficulties".

No it hasn't. The show's been delayed because somebody, who shall of course remain nameless, was still in the bar

Agree with you there Bobbsy.

It's possibly the most irritating thing I ever heard the Cruise Director say on board ship - "The show has been delayed due to technical difficulties".

No it hasn't. The show's been delayed because somebody, who shall of course remain nameless, was still in the bar

I can go one better. At least it wasn't blamed on technical problems, the (assistant) Cruise Director told the audience that the comedian would not be performing due to a minor medical emergency....

The truth? One of the crew had done the normal thing of waiting on the dock for the turn, after about 4 hours sitting in the blazing sun (summer in the caribbean) the production manager saw him (on the way back from the bar) and told him not wait any longer and not to worry about the turn. That was about 2pm.

15 mins before curtain up at late night comedy (about 11pm) the production manager realises that he still hasn't heard from the turn, and we sailed a couple of hours ago.... he rings the pursers desk to see if hes even on the ship.... Nope! Then to make it even more fun the Production (and stage) manager then disapears....we are all discussing on cans what the heck is going on, and wondering what to do, the poor assistant CD arrives backstage to introduce the turn, and nobody is there! she comes on cans and we explain the situation, whilst trying not to laugh! Thankfully she covers with a quick medical excuse...we didn't tell the audience that the star was still in the US, and someone hadn't noticed :)

sorry for wandering off topic there... ;)

Archived